Frederick M. Chesky, MAI
Mr. Chesky is the managing principal and founder of Merit Real Estate Services, Inc. He started his career in real estate in the 1980s and worked with several prominent firms, including The Prudential and Legg Mason Realty Group. He has achieved extensive experience and expertise with practically every type of commercial and investment grade property. He has provided expert testimony for tax appeal and guest lectured on market analysis and feasibility at the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Chesky has completed numerous complex feasibility, advisory, and valuation assignments on many properties that include but are not limited to: regional malls, condominium conversions, offices, industrials, hotels, retail centers, and planned multiple unit commercial and residential subdivision developments.
Certifications, Licenses & Education
- MAI Certified Member of the Appraisal Institute (No. 11561)
- Pennsylvania General Certified Real Estate Appraiser: GA-001312L
- Pennsylvania Licensed Real Estate Broker: RM-061399A
- New Jersey General Certified Real Estate Appraiser: RG-01894
- Associate Member of the Urban Land Institute (No. 194126)
- Temple University, BBA Degree, Real Estate.
- Penn State University (GV), Appraisal Institute Level I & II courses.
- Completed numerous continuing education courses and seminars specifically related to economics, finance, and real estate topics.
Notable Assignments & Experience
Lubin Office Complex at Riverview; Valley Forge, PA
Four Falls Corporate Center; Conshohocken, PA
The Wallace Building; Philadelphia, PA
Kopper's Office Tower; Pittsburgh, PA
Willow Grove Mall; Willow Grove, PA
Quakerbridge Mall; Lawrence, NJ
Audubon Village Shopping Center; Audubon, PA
Mall at Steamtown; Scranton, PA
Hotels & Golf Courses:
Best Western Hotel & Conference Center; Concord, PA
Proposed Hyatt Penn's Landing; Philadelphia, PA
Avalon Golf Course; Cape May County, NJ
Industrial, Subdivisions, & Other:
Proposed Tivoli Condominium Tower; Philadelphia, PA
Proposed Business Park; Concord, PA
Goldenberg Candy Facility; Philadelphia, PA
Friends Select School; Philadelphia, PA
4 Property Flex Portfolio; Southern New Jersey